Download Rokkr app
The onset of Covid-19 brought new and unforeseen challenges to all. With several offices shut and workplaces closed, people turned towards ways to amuse themselves indoors. Unlike a few years back, on-screen entertainment these days is more prevalent in the form of video games and on-demand content rather than live-streaming TV channels. This meant that there was an increased demand for online content through apps like Rokkr. This increase was so bombastic that for a while, several streaming services were forced to limit video qualities on their apps and websites.
Even so, the on-demand entertainment industry boomed when quarantine and lockdown hit various parts of the globe. However, reduced business opportunities have hit people’s wallets as well. Therefore, services like Netflix and Prime Video aren’t the perfect option, especially for those who would like to save every penny they can. A better idea would be to explore apps that provide free of cost entertainment. A relatively new player in that game is the rokkr app.
Due to its recent arrival, rokkr is not as popular as other content streaming platforms. However, it is a pretty solid alternative to them all and is considered safer in terms of data security and malware since it does not come with advertisements and does not access sensitive data on your device. Dive into this article where I will discuss a few perks of rokkr.
What is Rokkr?
The company behind rokkr App describes it as the ultimate multimedia browser with unlimited possibilities. This is true to a major extent since in itself, the app merely allows you to browse and play content and its developers do not provide a curated library of content. Instead, the rokkr app relies on free of cost access to hundreds of TV shows and movies pulled through various bundles which have to be installed separately. These rokkr bundles provide you with links to various shows and movies which you can then stream from servers and sources all over the world.
I was able to quickly stream an episode of “The Good Place” from rokkr apk at random and the quality seemed great. A cursory glance also showed “Lucifer” and “The Boys” in the mix. The list may vary depending on which bundles you install and where you reside.
How to use Rokkr App ? [Installation Guide]
Using the rokkr App is pretty straightforward after a basic setup is done. I have listed a step by step process below. Follow them and stream your heart out:
- To download the rokkr app, you’ll have to scroll to download section. Sometimes it is not available directly in Google Play Store or Microsoft Store. In such case, you should follow the links provided in this article to head to the downloads page and download it from there.
- On Android devices, you may have to enable installing unknown apps from the Security section before you can open the rokkr apk file. The exact steps for doing so vary from device to device and you can do a quick internet search for your own. The basic idea is same. You get the installation file and open it and le voilà!
On Apple IOS devices : You may have to jailbreak your phone so that you can sideload the iPA. We have provided ios file in our download section.
- After you install and open rokkr app, you’ll see a message stating that you need to install a MediaURL first.
- Rokkr URL : Type in any of the bundle links provided in this article (like oha.to) and press continue in rokkr app.
- Once you press continue, it will resolve that link and then automatically navigate to the homepage.
- From here onwards, you can use it like any other streaming site. Tap on any title to open a list of sources you can use to play the title.
- You can use multiple rokkr bundles at once to access a wider variety of content.
Note that once you start to stream, the MPV engine of rokkr might have trouble with screens not in the same aspect ratio as your screen. Switch to native engine by pressing the settings button when you are playing a movie to ensure a smoother experience.
List of Bundle URL’s for Rokkr
Remember how I said that you’d need to install bundles in order for the rokkr App to be of any use. Well, these bundles aren’t just available out there with a simple google search. They’re definitely not impossible to find, but if you don’t know what you’re looking for, you can get well and utterly lost. I have compiled a small list of URLs that you can enter in the add bundle section and the rokkr App will take care of the rest.
- oha.to : This is the most basic bundle one can have. Just copy and paste it into the enter URL field and watch the rokkr App do its magic.
- TED and Mediathek bundles: You can activate if you are interested in TED Talks or German Mediatheks. This bundle can be activated directly from settings tab.
- huhu.to: This is similar to oha.to If oha goes down, use this. My guess is that this server is maintained by rokkr developers.
Remember that all these URLs are prone to server downtime and they might even be taken down at some point in the future. If that happens, or if you would like even more bundles installed, then the reddit community for the rokkr app has posted a google docs link you can follow which has a plethora of URLs available. Find it here.
Is Rokkr it safe?
You have a right to be incredulous when you hear the words free of cost. After all, how can any website or service offer such a plethora of content and not ask for a penny in return? To be honest, I am not entirely sure how either. Some people just say let the sleeping dogs lie! In any case, the rokkr app carries no more risk with itself than with any other app available out there. On my Android device, it did not ask for any special permissions, not even to access local storage. That is a good thing since it means rokkr apk is not accessing sensitive data on your device. Most forums consider it safe to use as far as your device is concerned. Note that Windows Smart Screen might show you a warning while installing rokkr since this is a new app, but you can safely ignore it if it does.
When it comes to problems associated with the app, I am more worried about servers going down while I am in the middle of a binge-watching spree since that has been known to happen. Worry not though, since the rokkr App has an active reddit community you can follow.
At the same time, it is important that you find out the legal ramifications of using such an app in your country. I have given a general idea about the legality of rokkr app in this article but information about the same is limited. Stay informed and stay safe!
Features of Rokkr
The list of features that rokkr provides is not exceptionally long. At its core, it is a content streaming platform, or a multimedia browser and it performs its job magnificently. However, there’s nothing more to it than that. In rokkr ,you get the following basic features and honestly, they’re all you need. I find anything more makes any media player cluttered and difficult to use. That being said, I would have liked to see swipe to seek and change volume options which are sadly lacking.
- Access hundreds and thousands of shows through external bundles.
Once you add bundles to the rokkr app, it becomes a powerhouse. Multiple bundles can be added simultaneously, and this provides you with almost thousands of shows at your fingertips.
- Favorite a show to quickly get to it later on.
This is pretty self-explanatory. You can add a show to your list of favorites, and it’ll be visible as soon as you open the app.
- Use the share button to tell your friends what you are watching.
Remember that they will need the rokkr app installed on their device as well if they want to watch the shows themselves.
- Resume support for shows you have already watched.
If you leave an episode in the middle without finishing, you can quickly get back to where you were.
- Some servers provide subtitles with shows and movies so that is an added bonus.
- Rokkr app provides multiple languages through settings section : This isn’t exactly a feature of the rokkr App itself. But in the list of servers available for a movie or TV show, there are often sources which stream in a different language, so this is definitely an added bonus.
If one were to ask me, then this is a pretty generic list that should be applicable to almost all media streaming apps. That being said, the app is still in its infancy and more features might arrive later.
Is it legal to use the rokkr App?
This is a rather controversial discussion. Some people call it legal; some say it’s not. The opinion is highly varied and arriving at a solid conclusion is hard. To make it easier for you I have summarized everything I can find about the matter.
- First of all, the rokkr App in itself does nothing illegal. It is just a wrapper or an interface between you and streaming websites. These websites are installed as a separate bundle and therefore, might not be considered a part of the rokkr app. The app itself is marketed as a multimedia browser and it does just that: browse.
- The URLs you install as a bundle are not Streaming content free of cost without paying the required and associated royalty fees was never legal and might never be.
So how bad is it if you are using rokkr app? It’s hard to say. Once again, opinions are varied. If you really must use this app and wish to be completely safe, I’d recommend using a VPN connection. However, that doesn’t make it any less liable. Since you are only streaming the content and not uploading it, it is likely that companies won’t care much about you because uploading a show or movie causes more loss as far as they are concerned. That being said, if there is a crack down some day and it is proven that you streamed something from rokkr, you may have to pay the license fee which can be ridiculously expensive. So, once again, stay safe!
There will always be one way or another to stream movies, TV shows, sports channels, news channels etc. on the internet without paying a cent. However, the legality of such ways will always be questionable. Same goes for Rokkr. you are always safer if you stick to verified alternatives.
Torrents have been around for a while now and hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, still use it, despite its ban in several parts of the globe. Similarly, as the demand for on-screen entertainment increases, so will the number of options for free of cost streaming. The rokkr App is a relatively new name in the market. What it will face some day is hard to predict. That being said, as long as it works, it is a remarkable app with access to almost anything you can think of and the quality is pretty reasonable.
Its feature set is limited at this point but as I said before, it might be improved as it gains traction. For now, rokkr app gets the job done without too much hassle and you can give it a try if you like. Till now, it doesn’t seem to have any risks attached and you get the added benefit of zero advertisements to interrupt your binge-watching sessions. This is an incredible advantage of rokkr as compared to directly streaming from websites like putlocker and 123movies since the advertisements there are both deplorable and numerous.